John Pomp studios is a multidisciplinary studio creating a luxury collection of hand crafted lighting and furniture. The collection has garnered international recognition due to its unique design and outstanding craftsmanship. John pomp studios has ranked in the "Philly 100" fastest growing companies in 2013 & 14; was #770 of Inc. Magazine's 5000 fastest growing private companies in 2014 and was no. 5 of the Inner City 100 published in Fortune Magazine. We offer a fast paced, charged, creative environment and are looking to fill positions in the following areas: administrative assistants, cad designers, leather, metal (welders, sanders) and wood departments, project managers, lighting and furniture assembly and shipping department we are looking for motivated, talented and creative individuals who want to be a part of a fast growing company.
- The ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must take direction well, have superior punctuality, a disciplined work ethic & positive attitude
- Must be excellent multi-tasker and adaptable
- Must be able to communicate and work well with others
- Thoughtful worker w/ precise craftsmanship
- Must be able to maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Must be detail oriented!
- An arts and crafts background a plus
Production Supervisor: Full Time
We are seeking a full time Manager of Production Operations with proven manufacturing management experience to join our team in Philadelphia office. We are a luxury handcrafted furniture & lighting manufacturer with a focus on meticulous design. We offer a fast paced, charged, creative environment in our brand new facility in Philadelphia. We are looking for a highly organized, detail oriented, knowledgeable and self-motivated individual with years of professional experience to add to our team.
VIEW DETAILS AND APPLY
- Maintain a valid daily/weekly and monthly production schedule considering material and capacity availability - Set weekly production goals for each department -Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on time and alert if milestones will be missed -Work with shop floor managers in identifying and resolving production planning problems - Ensure timely, effective communication throughout the production floor of the production schedule, material flow, problems, solutions, and manpower needed -Track production plans and enforce quality standards -Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption -Track output information and update office staff with statistics -Actively participate in product development handoff to production for new products -Develop and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with shop floor managers, team leads and production employees -Hands-on manager exhibiting visible presence throughout shop floor -Assist in planning workloads with shop floor managers and assign daily, weekly, monthly goals -Develop processes to increase productivity and enhance performance -Set and communicate production objectives with managers -Evaluate employee performance; identify disciplinary needs and initiate necessary procedures when needed -Monitor equipment and ensure that they are in good working order -Review current machinery to confirm efficiencies and identify new machinery available to increase output and reduce processing time
-Proven managerial experience -Ability to create accountability and to lead by example -Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources) -Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise -Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes -Computer literacy with experience in an ERP -Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills -BS degree in Business Management or related field
To apply & inquire about more details, send your resume, cover letter, and contact info to email@example.com with "job inquiry: Production Supervisor" as the subject.
CNC Operator: Full Time
We are seeking a talented CNC Operator with experience in a fabrication environment. This person will join a company staffed with artisans crafting challenging and beautiful works of furniture and lighting in a creative work environment. Reporting to and under the direction of the Shop Floor Metal Manager, this person will work both independently and in cooperation with internal staff.
VIEW DETAILS AND APPLY
- Set-up and manage CNC machines to perform different jobs including drilling, grinding and milling - Oversee the machines while they execute the tasks and make the necessary changes to produce improved results - Check machinery on a daily basis to guarantee functionality - Communicate logistics issues that arise in the process of creating a part - Ensure that results of machining process align with expectations - Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines - Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications - Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts - Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result - Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly - Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality - Translate engineering drawings and requirements into dimensions for production
- Proven experience as CNC operator (5 to 8 years) - Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings - Computer savvy with understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM - Mechanical aptitude and good math skills - A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach - Good communication abilities
To apply & inquire about more details, send your resume, cover letter, and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org with "job inquiry: Cnc Operator" as the subject.
Social Media Marketing Specialist: Full Time
We are seeking an experienced Social Media Marketing Specialist to join our creative crew. Taking direction from the Creative Director and the Head of Product Development, this person needs to be creative and will be collaborating with our design and sales teams to communicate the John Pomp brand through striking imagery and writing. This person will be championing our brand and be responsible for our brand presentation throughout a variety of marketing channels.
VIEW DETAILS AND APPLY
- Maintain and manage brand’s social media channels, primarily Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook - Create and implement a social media schedule with 5-7 posts a week. - Create supplemental content for social media, i.e. daily instagram stories and weekly reels throughout manufacturing facility and showroom. - Create and manage biweekly email marketing campaigns - Write copy for all marketing social media and email marketing campaigns - Create and implement system for use of keywords and brand language as defined by Brand Messaging Guide - Track content engagement, reach, and other benchmarks on social media channels and email campaigns. - Edit photos and videos to brand aesthetic as defined by Brand Messaging Guide - Manage, organize, and compile photo and video assets from outside photographers - Coordinate correspondence with PR team and complete tasks to drive John Pomp Brand presentation - Recommend new marketing initiatives for further outreach, i.e. VIP tours, partnerships, events, etc. - Assist with maintenance of graphic collateral, including assisting writing copy on graphic collateral
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Graphic Design or related field - Passion for Social media and growing brands - Passionate creative with a high personal drive to meet and maintain company standards - Strong idea generation, writing, editing (photo/video/text), and proofreading skills - Proficiency with photo editing software - Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite - A mature team player who works well in a collaborative environment - Self-motivated, energetic, and production-minded - Appreciation and attention to fine-detailed work - Ability to work in a fast-paced setting and manage several projects simultaneously - Excellent communication skills - Responds effectively to precise direction
To apply & inquire about more details, send your resume, cover letter, and contact info to email@example.com with "job inquiry: Social Media Marketing Specialist" as the subject.
Staff Accountant: Full Time
We are seeking a full time staff accountant with proven accounting experience to join our team in our Philadelphia office. We are a luxury handcrafted furniture & lighting manufacturer with a focus on meticulous design. We offer a fast paced, charged, creative environment in our brand new facility in Philadelphia. We are looking for a highly organized, detail oriented, knowledgeable and self-motivated individual with years of professional accounting experience to add to our team.
VIEW DETAILS AND APPLY
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions in a timely manner including reconciliation of A/P statements and filing invoices orderly - Manage vendor relations and communication - Upload A/P invoices to ERP system and help with weekly check run - Work with our purchasing manager on inventory and purchase order related issues - Reconcile bank, credit card, petty cash, and other balance sheet accounts monthly as a part of month-end closure, and prepare and post journal entries - Support month-end closure including accruals, prepaid expenses, fixed assets and loan schedules - Post intercompany transactions as they occur and reconcile i/c accounts monthly - Allocate and post incoming payments to customers’ accounts daily - Work with our customer service team to ensure timely delivery of products to clients - Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field - 5 years accounting experience - Highest standards of accuracy, problem-solving and mindfulness of deadlines - Advanced skills in Word and Excel including PivotTable, VLOOKUP, SUMIF - Experience in month-end close including reconciliation, prepaids, fixed assets - GAAP/IFRS experience required - Experience in ERP enviornment required - Manufacturing experience is a plus - All candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
To apply & inquire about more details, send your resume, cover letter, and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org with "job inquiry: Staff Accountant" as the subject.
Manufacturing Engineer: Full Time
We are seeking an experienced engineer with demonstrated CAM skills and deep knowledge of manufacturing. The Manufacturing Engineer will be joining a creative crew of designers and makers creating innovative, sculptural lighting and furniture. The engineer will collaborate with our product design, engineering, and production teams to create sophisticated parts and corresponding CAM programs.
VIEW DETAILS AND APPLY
- Participate in a multi-disciplinary team to support all manufacturing engineering initiatives - Create high level CAD drawings for production team - Employ MasterCAM experience to develop CAM programs for HAAS 3 Axis Mill and Lathe - Create CAM programs with proprietary software for all automated equipment including FACCIN 4 Roll Roller, TRUMPF Press Brake, and Miller Seam welder. - Create and implement documentation for proper machine operation - Create production drawing sets for standard customer orders - Create detailed BOMs and Work orders for processing through our ERP system
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Design, or related field - 3-5 years of industry experience required - Must have demonstrated experience in MasterCAM or comparable software - Must be highly proficient with Solidworks and technical drafting - Technical knowledge in metal fabrication, carpentry, and glass making - Hands on experience machining, fabricating, and making a plus - Strong analytical, problem solving, and verbal and written communication skills - Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills - Flexibility to move from task to task - Ability to manage several projects simultaneously - Respond effectively to precise direction
To apply & inquire about more details, send your resume, cover letter, and contact info to email@example.com with "job inquiry: Manufacturing Engineer" as the subject.
Metal Finisher/Patina Artist: Full Time
We are seeking both experienced metal finishers and passionate artists with talented hand skills and an eye for craftsmanship. The metal finisher/patina artist will be joining a creative crew of talented makers, artists, and craftspeople creating one of a kind custom pieces for exclusive clientele out of our new Philadelphia studio.
VIEW DETAILS AND APPLY
- Work closely with and under direction of the Lead of Finishing and Patina to apply proprietary, high quality finishes and patinas to lighting and furniture pieces - Maintain high level finish quality throughout completion of client order while consistently adhering to the studio’s established processes and finishing standards - Collaborate and communicate with team members to complete tasks in an adequate and timely manner - Maintain organized and clean work area, taking proper care of equipment, tools, and facilities
- Passionate creative maker with a high personal drive to meet and maintain company standards of craft - A mature team player who works well in a collaborative environment - Self-motivated, energetic and production-minded - Appreciation and attention to fine-detailed work - High school diploma, associates or 4-year degree in a craft, design, or related field a plus - Experience working in carpentry, finishing, painting, or other craft a plus - Experience with creating/mixing/applying hot/cold patinas a plus - Motivated to learn new skills and processes - Ability to work in a fast-paced, physical shop environment - Excellent communication skills
To apply & inquire about more details, send your resume, cover letter, and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org with "job inquiry: Metal Finisher/Patina Artist" as the subject.
Sales Support and Product Specialist: Full Time
We are seeking a highly organized, detail oriented, knowledgeable and self-motivated individual with professional experience in the luxury goods market to add to our growing team of creative individuals. This position will liase with both internal and external sales team, providing detailed trainings on our handcrafted product, will process and monitor orders for customers communicating status updates or requesting additional information, as well as participate in facility tours.
VIEW DETAILS AND APPLY
- Extensive phone and email communication with customers, showrooms, and sales representatives in the high-end Furniture and Lighting industry. - Respond to general inquiries regarding product specifications, pricing and lead times along with web help and chat support - All aspects of order management: initial review and entry, changes to existing orders, and proactive follow-up - Take ownership of difficult and/or complicated situations as they arise, demonstrating professionalism at all times while working to resolve the matter at hand - Exercise critical thinking and use good judgment to balance customer satisfaction and the best interests of the company - Provide inter-departmental support to other business areas as necessary - Maintain familiarity with our product lines and collections - Strong awareness of and ability to follow company policies and procedures
- 3-5 years experience in customer support or administrative position - Experience working in the Interior Design or design related field - PC literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office and G Suite products - Superior written and verbal communication skills - Must be able to work thoughtfully and thoroughly with continuous attention to DETAIL - Ability to learn quickly and retain a wide range of small details concerning multiple product types, tasks, system processes, issues, and/or projects - Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-up skills - Comfortable multi-tasking, or, pivoting between tasks on the fly as the need arises - Willingness to learn new products, procedures, and processes as business needs change - A friendly attitude with the ability to be a team player and stay self-motivated in a fast-paced environment
To apply & inquire about more details, send your resume, cover letter, and contact info to email@example.com with "job inquiry: Sales Support And Product Specialist" as the subject.
METAL FABRICATOR: Full Time
We are seeking persons with high level fabrication experience to joining a creative crew of talented makers, artists, and craftspeople We are seeking persons with high level fabrication The Metal Fabrication artist will be creating one of a kind custom pieces for exclusive clientele out of our new Philadelphia studio. If you are interested in joining our team, developing your skills and learning more about the art of metal work.
VIEW DETAILS AND APPLY
- Read and fabricate from professional blueprints and documentation. - Be familiar with and utilize the full array of fabricating tools and machines. - Familiarity with and understanding of metals (steel, brass, aluminum and bronze) - Fabricate entire pieces and/or subassemblies from raw metal to finished product. - Note areas where jigs and fixtures are absent and would be useful in achieving and maintaining accuracy and quality – share ideas for design and construction. - Monitor quality throughout fabrication process and report/resolve issues as they arise. Share ideas for improvement. - Maintain organized and clean work area. - Maintain a safe working environment and adhere to Company safety policies and procedures. - Consistently work to improve performance and demonstrate a strong Teamwork mentality.
- High School Diploma. - 5-10 years of demonstrated high level custom and architectural fabrication experience. - Superior Tig welding experience and skills. - Ability to understand and use measuring instruments and devices including calipers, micrometers and indicators. - Strong demonstrated experience with general metalworking and machining equipment and devices. - Strong demonstrated experience reading and understanding blueprints/professional documentation. - A team player with personal integrity, positive attitude, strong initiative and commitment to achieving company goals. - Detail-focused with exceptional ‘best of the best’ craftsmanship and skills. - Strong problem solving and verbal communication skills. - Willingness to learn and strong desire to continually expand and advance skill set.
To apply & inquire about more details, send your resume, cover letter, and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org with "job inquiry: Metal Fabricator" as the subject.
Glass Assistant: Full Time
We are seeking experienced glassblowers and passionate artists with talented hand skills and an eye for craftsmanship. The glassblower-assistant/starter will be joining a creative crew of talented makers, artists, and craftspeople creating one of a kind custom pieces for exclusive clientele out of our new Philadelphia studio.
VIEW DETAILS AND APPLY
- Work closely with and under the direction of the Head of the Glass Department and gaffer to produce a wide array of different glass pieces both blown and hot cast - Assist glassblowing, coldworking, and kiln working departments - Maintain high level of quality through completion of each piece, while consistently adhering to the studio’s established processes - Effectively communicate and collaborate with team members to complete tasks in a precise and timely manner - Maintain organized and clean work area, taking proper care of equipment, tools, and facilities - Routinely support maintenance of glassblowing equipment as directed by Head of Glass Department and gaffer
- At least 3 years total glass blowing experience, 1 year minimum full time professional production experience required - Experience with furnace glassblowing required - Experience with lampworking, coldworking, glazing a plus - Passionate glassblower with a high personal drive to meet and maintain company standards of craft - A mature team player who works well in a collaborative environment - Self-motivated, energetic, and production minded - Appreciation and attention to fine-detailed work - Motivated to learn new skills and processes - Ability to work in a fast-paced, physical shop environment - Excellent communication skills
To apply & inquire about more details, send your resume, cover letter, and contact info to email@example.com with "job inquiry: Glass Assistant" as the subject.